Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dad's House

Last night I went to dad's house to get keys for the camper. No one was home. As soon as I walked in and smelled his house I started to cry. The house was cold and dark and empty and lonely. He wasn't in the kitchen making a meal. He wasn't in his chair watching game shows. He wasn't down in his room reading a book. All the signs that he had just been there were there; his shoes by the back door, his pants and belt by the side of his bed, his pepsi in the fridge.... the only thing that showed his absence were his glasses. They were sitting on his bathroom counter, and a thin layer of dust had settled on the lenses. I spent some time alone in his house just missing him. I sat in his recliner and cried, I layed on his pillow and cried, I looked at and touched his clothes in the closet. He was so special to me and I miss him terribly. He will always have a huge part of my heart that is just for him. I love you dad!



2 comments:

Kim and Melissa said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Robynn said...

My tears for you and your brothers are tears of love and understanding.....