First: I need to go through the kids' toys and send a whole bunch to the D.I. (or garbage, most are probably too trashed to donate)
Second: Go through my clothes and send them to the D.I.
Third: Go through Olly's closet and put all the clothes he's grown out of into a storage bin. I don't know what to do with them, though. I was saving them for Chad and Vandi and J.R. and Katey but they both just had girls. T.J. and Steph are having another baby, but their older child is a boy so they probably have enough baby boy things. So, should I hang onto them and wait, or just let them go? I'm probably just putting it off because it's too sad that Olly is getting so big so fast.
Fourth: Mop the floors..... ugh
Someday I will do these things. Not all in one day, of course.
The first thing I'll do is the kid's toys because it's crazy in my basement! I loathe going down there because I know, even if I cleaned it only 1 hr prior, it's going to be a HUGE mess! My kids don't make regular messes either. Just toys? Fine. I can handle picking up just toys. But they are always making projects and cutting paper and boxes into a million tiny pieces and gluing beads and "decorating" the walls and making stores to sell things and turning their rooms into libraries and sneaking food down; making crumbs and paper plates and cups and utensils scattered about and there are shreds of paper and candy wrappers and pencil shavings and crayons and stickers stuck to the furniture and baby bottles and coins and rocks and sticks and anything else brought in from outside that's a "treasure". They also love to sneak into the storage room and get the wrapping paper out and wrap up old toys to give to their friends. This bothers me for two reasons: one, I've told them a million times to stay out of the storage room and quit wasting the wrapping paper. But they just keep doing it. And two, They leave the wrapping paper and tape and scissors and a thousand tiny cut pieces of paper and ribbon all over and the dog gets to it and shreds even more of it all over the room. Oh, and could someone please tell me why kids think it is so fun to drag their toys into the bathroom and make huge messes in there too? You'd think the bathroom would mostly get left alone except for the times when it's being used for "evacuation" purposes.................Ugh. Well, this post turned into more of a rant than I intended, so my apologies. But, come on kids. Am I right people? :)
Friday, March 13, 2009
Things I Need To Do But Am Putting Off...
at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hear you with the mopping... least favorite chore. Its SO easy to go on a rant about what urks us about our kids messy habits! On one hand I'm thrilled they're playing nicely together, but on the other hand your making a huge mess that I'll have to pick up!! :) I hear ya about the bathroom mess too... I think the sinks become a swimming pool for any little toy, and apparently the counter is the tide pools since they're also covered with water!
Post a Comment