Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jack and his riches

Recently Grandma Burgess went out of town and asked Kaylee and Jack if they would water her plants for her while she was gone. They did a very good job and when Grandma returned she gave them each $2. Jack was really excited and came in the house to show me his prize. Then he asked "Mom, how much is two dollars worth?" and I said "Uh, two dollars" to which he replied "No, how much is it WORTH" As if changing the tone of the word "worth" would somehow change it's meaning. So, I thought for a second and replied "It would be the same as if you had 200 pennies" and he was like "Whoa! That's so many pennies! I can't believe two dollars is worth that!" and he made the face above and went running out to talk to his sister about how much two dollars is worth.

1 comments:

Marcy said...

That is cute. I loved it when Ace didn't know that a dollar really wasn't that much. Won't even buy him anything from the ice cream truck.