So, I'm gonna vent right now because I'm stuck at home with a kidney stone, trying treat the pain with stupid lortabs and muscle relaxers (doesn't quite cut it when the treatment at the hospital is Morphine!). Since I don't have insurance because it's around $1200 a month I have to endure this pain at home because I can't afford another $45,000. in hospital bills. I'm not asking for other people to pay my bills, but SOMETHING has to be done. The insurance industry can basically take your monthly premiums and keep them. Say you've paid faithfully for 7 years and all of a sudden you need to file a substantial claim, say you get in a hiking accident or something. The insurance company can find some loophole and say that they won't pay for it for this reason or that.... meanwhile, they get to KEEP the thousands of dollars you paid to them for those 7 years. Name any other industry that can do that! Name ONE! You are paying them for a service, if they don't provide it, you should get your money back. So then there's me who doesn't have insurance, and even if I could afford $1200 a month companies won't insure me because I get new kidney stones every 1 to 2 years... So I get the joy of getting another $45,000 of medical bills every so often until I go broke. Yay for me! I can't even begin to wrap my head around the though process of people who think our insurance industry is just fine. I think it needs a MAJOR overhaul. I'm so pissed right now and I hurt so bad. All I want to do is go to the hospital, get hooked up to an I.V. and get this damn thing out of me! When any of you who say healthcare doesn't need to be revamped gets $45,000 in medical bills every 2 years, then come talk to me about why you think the healthcare in this country is "just fine". The only people who think that are the ones who have insurance through their work, or who have it privately. NO ONE who has ever had to pay substantial hospital bills over and over and over thinks that this system is actually working.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I completely agree with you healthcare here is a mess right now. And this is coming from someone with insurance through work. You would think working with IHC they would give us GREAT health insurance but heavens no. They need to put some serious regulations on insurance companies, it's getting out of control really.
We don't have health insurance either... sucks being self employed!!! Insurance is a major joke. Things need to change, but I don't know how. If Jake had to pay for all his employees to have insurance we'd have to close our doors and be employees also. sucks either way! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
P.S. that really sucks that you get stones that often!!!! Can't they do something about that? Hope you get it out soon! and enjoy your next 2 years before the next one... sorry!
I hope that the President can get the health care reform to pass, even if it isn't perfect it's a start. For people like you it is a need not a luxury. Our country needs to stop being so greedy and think about what is best for its citizens. Hang in there honey, go to the hospital. Your health is more important than the medical costs.
Post a Comment