Last night I attended parent teacher conferences for Kaylee and Jack. I must say that I'm so proud of them!
Mr. Keeley said that Kaylee gets along with everyone and she's great to have in class. He said that she is very creative with her writing and is at a 6th grade level in her vocabulary! Kaylee is helpful and fun and he said that he's proud of her for standing up for who she is and for being herself. A couple weeks ago Kaylee and some friends were starting a club and there were three girls in the club who Kaylee has been friends with all year and also Gracie. Well, these 3 girls told Kaylee that they didn't want Gracie in the club. Kaylee said "Gracie is my best friend and if you don't want to be friends with Gracie then you don't want to be friends with me either." Mr. Keeley, of course, knew all of this went on and he said that Kaylee left it at that and doesn't argue with the girls or keep bringing it up. She just made her point, stood up for herself and Gracie and has been happy ever since. I'm so proud of her!
Mrs. Bird said that Jack is doing so well! At first he really didn't like Kindergarten and would cry in the mornings when it was time to go to school and some days wouldn't even get out of the car. Now it's a complete turn around! He is no longer shy and anxious in class. He will talk with kids who he doesn't know very well and has even started telling jokes and calling Mrs. Bird over to show him things he's drawn. She said that he is in the highest group in reading mastery and that he is a very good artist, one of the best she's had. I have packages of empty printer paper to attest to that. The boy draws every single day, several pages a day, he just loves it!
Hearing that my children are doing well makes me so happy. All I want for them in this whole world is to be happy and from what their teachers are telling me it sounds like they're not only happy, they are also thriving. I love them!
0 comments:
Post a Comment