Wednesday, February 18, 2009

James Bulger


In my news readings today I came upon the story of James Bulger. It's a terrible, awful, horrible, indescribably sad story. I come away from it, crying, desperate to save a little boy who couldn't save himself. But, it's far too late for that now. All I can do now is hug my babies and keep them close and thank God that I have them.
I can't recount the story right now, it's too difficult, but I will post a youtube link for those of you who haven't heard of this little angel.
The boys who took him from this world were only 10 years old themselves. They received 8 years in a juvenile detention center in England where the crime took place. After they were released they were given new identities by the government so nobody can find them to seek revenge. The press is forbidden to release their new identities or information about where they are now.


Why is this world so awful sometimes? Hug your babies. Squeeze them tight and don't let them go. Protect them! Love them!




1 comments:

Marcy said...

I had not heard this story. What is wrong with those 10 year old boys? How could or why? But yes it made me grateful for my kids and I want to protect them even more!