Lately Olly has been exhibiting some strange behavior. He isn't walking as well as he usually does. He stumbles a lot and is a little clumsy. He walks as if he were dizzy. Even if he is just standing he will all of a sudden have to take a step forward or back to try to catch himself, but he still falls. So, I called my mom to see what she made of it and she said that it was around that same age that Todd and Chad first started exhibiting the same signs and thats when they found out that they had epilepsy. Todd and Chad both grew out of it and were easily treated with meds. Today Olly and I went in to see good Ole Dr. Perkes because no one at the physicians office can see him til next week. Dr. Perkes said he has a build up of extra fluid in his ears and that could very likely be why he is so dizzy. The ears have a lot to do with our balance and if they get irritated they can definitely cause some balance issues. So, he said that with the history of epilepsy to watch him and see if he is still doing it in a week (that should be enough time for the fluid to drain out) and then to take him in to his appointment we had already made with our own doctor. So, Idk, I keep worrying myself looking up all kinds of things online and I just wish I had the answer NOW. If he does have epilepsy I want to get it taken care of as soon as possible and the idea of waiting another week makes me nauseous. But, something is definitely bothering him though, as he is so fussy and just wants hugs all day long. I feel so sad for him because I know that he knows something isn't right and he just can't tell me. All he wants is for me to make it better and I can't right now. He is sleeping soundly right now, looking like a cute little angel in his crib. I'm glad (for now) he is enjoying a little bit of peace. Poor little guy, it breaks my heart when he's a sad boy. He is usually the happiest, smiliest, sweetest boy, and right now that boy is sad and scared.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aleesha, I wanted to let you know that Maggie had a problem with fluid in the ears. You really need to keep an eye on it because it was affecting Maggie's hearing. She failed two hearing test because of it and man did that make me worried. She ended up getting tubes in her ears, because the fluid had to be drained. She had a condition called Glue ear, which is more common than people think. The fluid is so thick that the Dr. has to suction it out. I just wanted to let you know so keep an eye on it. This is also why Maggie was a little delayed at sitting. Balance issue. If he continues to have fluid on his eardrums I would really see in ENT Dr.
Any questions just ask.
Aleesha that is so scary! It would kill me to wait a whole week too. I hope everything works out ok!
That is so scary! Hope that it is just the fluid and you can get that taken care of and going instead of what you are starting to worry about.
Hopefully it is just fluid in his ears...Baden was pretty "wobbly" even in crawling then he got tubes put in and it helped a ton! We haven't had to worry about infections either...But if it is epilepsy, it is comforting to know that Chad and Todd grew out of it right? Good luck! Hopefully this week goes fast and you can get your answers. :o)
ohh....that makes me want to cry. I really hope everything is fine and it's just a little extra fluid instead of epilepsy. Good job on being able to recognize there might be something more to his clumsiness. I probably wouldn't have put two and two together. I can totally see how worried you must be. We'll be praying for you and give olly an extra hug from us. love you.
No problem Aleesha. Maggie never had an ear infection just fluid. She walked three days after we got the tubes put in. If he still has fluid in his ears on Monday I would definitly ask your doctor about. I hope all goes well! Keep me informed!
Tara
Post a Comment