Friday, September 25, 2009

Kaylee's broken arm









Poor little Kaylee was rollerblading in the garage last night and fell and broke her arm. What happened was, her feet slipped out from under her, and she caught herself with her hands, but one hand absorbed most of the weight and broke the bone. We took her in and they x-rayed it and she got a pink cast. I must admit that she did SO GOOD! She moved her arm the way she needed to for x-rays (which I know is hard because I had the same break she has when I was in 3rd grade too and I remember it KILLED). She waited patiently in the waiting room; no whining, no crying; just sitting, resting, holding her arm. She chose a pink cast, of course. Today she stayed home from school because it's still painful and she has to do the advil/tylenol alternations every 3 hours so she doesn't hurt too bad. So, I guess, after all she's been through, she deserves to lay on my bed, watch the Disney channel and eat goldfish crackers. I really am so proud of how she handled it. She can definitely be drama if she wants to be. Everyone has been so nice sending her get well messages and such and she smiles everytime she gets one. Here is one cute one that Emmy sent her.


Isn't she adorable?! She and Kaylee have the cutest bond ever! They are best cousins.


Here she is sitting patiently getting casted up. What a good girl!


1 comments:

Lesia and Kirk said...

Kaylee! No! How could this happen! No, No, No, not my dear sweet Kaylee, life is so cruel....Say it isn't so! I shall never be the same thinking about my dear sweet Kaylee in such agony and pain! I will never eat again....in support of all that you have been through, well except for those brownies and some popcorn, but thats It, nothing else, maybe a little milk to wash it down, but thats it! Lol, I love you Kaylee, hope this made you laugh! Wish I was there to sign your cast! Love Grandma Robynn