Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ode to Todd

Here is Todd getting ready to eat a live crawdad.... yummm


Now, I've got to admit, my kids have the most amazing uncles any kid could ask for! They love them all SO MUCH! Somehow (I don't know if it's the childlike qualities, the random silly jokes he tells, the tickle monsters he finds, or the constant barrage of teasing) Todd holds a special place in their hearts. This weekend we were in St. George and we got to play with Uncle Todd. On Saturday Todd and I took Jack and Olly to get ice cream and to play on the splash pad (Kaylee and Dusty went boating with Kim and Anthony) Later that day we all met up and went to dinner at Chilli's. Todd played tic tac toe with the kids and kept them laughing and entertained til the food arrived (except for Olly... I'll post about that later) The next day we all got to spend more time together. First, we went to get ice cream. and the kids would say "After this can we do something else with Todd?" So we went to the park. Then the kids would say, "After the park can we do something else with Todd?" So we went to a movie. When we got to the movie they said "After the movie can we do something else with Todd?" So, he came back to the hotel with us and teased and tickled them some more. When it was finally late and the kids needed to go to bed because we were driving home the next day, and Todd needed to get up for work, Kaylee started to cry. Tears filled her eyes and she said "I'm just gonna miss Todd so much!" So, she went and sat on his lap and had a good hug and a good cry. 15 minutes later, she was still heartbroken, but uncle Todd had to go. I layed by her in bed that night because she cried herself to sleep. They just can't get enough of him! I love that he treats each of them like they are the most important child he's ever met and he makes them feel so special! He has individual jokes for each of them and nicknames for them all. He is always making them laugh and he's not afraid to make a fool of himself to make them happy.... he really is great! Now, the rest of you uncles, don't feel bad. My kids love you too! I think since they don't see Todd as often it adds to his *magic*. Would Christmas be as fun if it didn't only come once a year? That's what it is, Todd is the Christmas of Unlces! WE LOVE YOU TODD!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thats awesome... that he'll treat them like his own and they have such a great bond.

vandi said...

Todd really is a special uncle. We love Uncle Toddy!!! Sounds like you had fun...minus Chilis: ) miss you guys!

Robynn said...

Ok How much did "Uncle Todd" pay you, to say all of that ooey, gooey, mooshy, slobbery, sugar coated flattery?! J.K. I love you Todd and it's all true!!